Updated 11/16/2017 215 E  5th Street  ●  P. O. Box 41  ●  Neillsville  WI  54456 Ph:  715 • 743 • 2150      Email:  1897CCJM@tds.net www.1897clarkcountyjailmuseum.com 2011-2017 - All Rights Reserved - 1897 Clark County Jail Museum Inc.
1897 Clark County Jail Exhibits
215 E 5th St    PO Box 41   Neillsville WI  54456    Ph:  715-743-2150   1897 Clark County Jail Museum Inc. Exhibit / Collection  Menu
Jail - Booking Room display
Jail - Holding cell - originally from Clark County’s 2nd Jail - in use 1882 to 1897
Model of Clark County Rural School - “Kurth Corners”.  Was located E of Neillsville on US Hwy 10 / Pray Rd.
Jail - Barber Shop display
Jail - Laundry / Ironing display
Mercantile store items - various Clark County WI merchant advertisment, tools, and displays
Military Floor Display - uniforms from Pancho Villa’s Mexican Incursion through Desert Storm
Military Floor Display - photos flags, letters, medals, gas masks, books and memoribilia from Civil War, Mexican Incursion, WWI, WWII, Korean War and others.
Telephone Operator’s Display Switchboard, old telephones, directories and history of early days of telephone company and “party-lines”.
First occupied in October of 1897,   Clark County’s 3rd Jail was in  constant use until 1978.  Built at a cost  of $15,000 (almost $1 million dollars in  today’s economy) the jail was considered  a state-of-the-art facility.  The Sheriff and his family lived in the  residence from 1897 to 1974.  Meals for  the prisoners were prepared by the  Sheriff’s wife.  It wasn’t unusual for  members of the Sheriff’s family to  deliver the meals to prisoners in the  jail.  It was a very different time!  The Sheriff’s Department and Patrol  Department operated from this  building until 1978, when the new  (4th) Jail was completed. tripadvisor
Like us on Facebook